This tutorial is about fixing “Origin not opening” issue on Windows 11. We will try our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Fix “Origin Won’t Open” Issue on Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to fix “Origin won’t open” issue on Windows 11
Origin is a digital game distribution platform developed by Electronic Arts for purchasing and playing video games on Windows and mobile platforms. It is a software client that works as a game launcher just like other desktop clients for PC games. Now, after upgrading to Windows 11, it seems that some users are reporting that Origin crashed or freezed unexpectedly on Windows 11 computer. Well, it happens quite frequently.
If you are also one of the victims where Origin desktop client crashes, freezes or stutters on your computer, don’t worry. Here we have collected some possible solutions for you that should help you. For some PC users, the game client may fail to start or run due to various reasons such as corrupt installation files, outdated system, outdated or corrupt graphics driver, etc.
How to fix “Source not opening” issue in Windows 11
Clear original cache
- Open File Explorer by Win + E.
- Navigate to the location where you installed Origin, in most cases this is “C:UsersUserAppDataRoaming”.
- Find the Source folder, right-click it, and select Delete.
Recreate Windows 10 host file
The hosts file on your computer is responsible for redirecting websites to their corresponding IP address. If it’s corrupted, Origin won’t work. So if you’re having trouble opening Origin, try resetting the Host file.
- But first we need to rename the existing host file. For this, launch the file explorer and navigate to the following location.
- Now right click on Host, select Rename and name it “Host.bak”.
- To create a new host file, start Notepad and paste the following code.
- # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.## This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.## This file contains mappings between IP addresses and host names . Each # entry should be kept on a separate line. The IP address should # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # IP address and hostname must be separated by at least # one space. ## Additionally, comments (such as these) can be inserted on # individual lines or after the team name indicated by a ‘#’ symbol. the resolution is handled in the DNS itself. #127.0.0.1localhost#::1localhost
- Name the file “host” and save it to the following location.
- Finally, restart your computer and check if the problem still occurs.
Run Origin in compatibility mode and as administrator
- Right-click on the Origin shortcut from the desktop
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and check “Run this program in compatibility mode”
- Also select “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Finally, click Apply > OK.
If nothing works, you can uninstall Origin and reinstall its latest version, as the error may be caused by a corrupt installer package.
- To uninstall the app, go to Settings > Apps > Source > Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, reinstall the app from origin.com and it will work perfectly.
Final Words: How to Fix “Origin Won’t Open” on Windows 11
I hope you understand this article How to Fix “Origin Won’t Open” Issue on Windows 11, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.