The Information Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation, administration, management and support of the Sharepoint platform and related application and database systems at the hospital. the Sault area. This includes coordinating the assessment, planning, development, implementation, upgrade and support of the Sharepoint document collaboration platform. May also include responsibilities related to the hospital information system, its network, related interfaces and key users. May also be responsible for working with the hospital’s electronic patient record, ensuring it is accurate, efficient and secure. The Sault Area Hospital is seeking a motivated Information Systems Administrator who will work closely with a cross-functional and collaborative team to deliver high quality solutions focused on continuous service improvement. This position reports to the Information Technology Manager, Sault Area Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in process reviews, workflow analysis and redesign primarily related to Microsoft Sharepoint platform implementation.
2. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot the Microsoft Sharepoint to SAH platform and related application and database systems.
3. Manage Microsoft sharepoint site(s) and accounts, including site configuration, deployment of custom features, system monitoring and management (updates, security patches, remote access)
4. Develop RFP documents, collaborate with users to define functional specifications and lead the project team in the evaluation/selection of computer applications.
5. Provide expertise in the evaluation and/or programming of computer applications, leading assigned teams to facilitate the implementation of applications.
6. Coordinate the transition to the real environment of commercial/clinical applications.
7. Serve as a resource person, providing advice and timely support to user groups.
8. Serve as primary point of contact for internal resources, vendors and users identifying and resolving issues, preparing and communicating routine reports.
9. Perform audits as scheduled or requested and provide customized reports including data and analysis of results in a timely and efficient manner.
10. Maintain knowledge of current technology in the health care environment.
11. Support and follow all standards, policies and procedures established by the organization.
12. Provide infrastructure-based support services to the Sault area hospital community. This includes, but is not limited to, network, servers, desktops, printers, telephones, handhelds, and other equipment.
13. Maintain servers (infrastructure and medical), including mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
14. Perform incident resolution in accordance with ITIL framework – on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex IT infrastructure issues, including network and servers, and recommend and implement corrective hardware/software solutions, including off-site repair if necessary.
15. Recommend, plan and perform network and system improvements, upgrades and repairs.
16. Other assigned duties.
• College diploma or university degree in a related field
• 3 years of experience in the administration of information systems
• Experience in enterprise collaboration systems (MS SharePoint), computer programming and database administration
Knowledge and skills:
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment in stressful situations.
• Skills in customer service, interpersonal relations and telephony. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform job duties
• Computer skills in a Microsoft environment.
• Ability to maintain productive working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
• Behavior consistent with the mission, values and performance standards of the hospital.
• Job-specific knowledge and skills.
• Experience implementing and administering current enterprise collaboration platforms – Microsoft SharePoint.
• Knowledge of application development life cycle and database administration
• Demonstrated programming ability with current technologies
• Knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques, database applications, management and reporting systems and applications.
• Knowledge and experience working with virtual computing environments
• Knowledge of project management methodologies, print-on-demand processes, process review and improvement, and principles of change.
• Ability to create and deliver effective presentations for a group.
• Able to interpret and apply hospital policies.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to synthesize and communicate reported data.
Note: Due to the changing nature of the job and the work to be performed, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and CV outlining how your knowledge, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this position.
The Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for candidates. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, provided the candidate has met the requirements of the vacancy. Applicants should make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All inquiries are treated confidentially.