Are you unable to stream anything to Discord from your Opera GX browser? Opera GX is a web browser specially designed and released for the gaming community. It is used by millions of users, especially game lovers. It has got some really cool and useful features including RAM Limiter, Network Limiter, CPU Limiter, GX Cleaner, Tab Killer and many more. However, like any other service and app, it has its own share of issues. Some users have recently reported that they cannot stream to Discord from the Opera GX browser.
This problem can be the result of different reasons. In this article, we are going to discuss the potential causes why you are unable to stream to Discord from Opera GX. And, how you can solve this problem. So, let us check.
Why can’t I stream from Opera GX to Discord?
Here are the potential causes why you can’t stream to Discord from Opera FX:
- The problem may be due to a lack of administrator rights to run the web browser. So, if the scenario is applicable, try running Opera GX as administrator to fix the issue.
- If you are using hardware acceleration in your browser, you might face the current issue. Therefore, try disabling hardware acceleration and see if the issue is resolved or not.
- Some web extensions you have installed in Opera GX may be causing the current problem. So, disable suspicious web extensions and see if the issue is resolved.
- It could also be caused by using an outdated version of Opera GX. Therefore, try to download and install all pending updates to fix the problem.
Based on the above scenarios, you can try an appropriate fix from this guide to fix the issue. But, before trying these methods, try streaming to Discord from another web browser and see if it works or not. If the problem persists on other platforms, make sure the Discord servers are up and running. You can use a free server status detector to check this. If the issue only occurs in Opera GX, try the fixes listed below to resolve the issue.
Unable to stream anything from Opera GX to Discord
Here are the fixes you can try if you are unable to stream to Discord from Opera GX:
- Restart Opera GX several times.
- Run Opera GX as administrator.
- Modify the ANGLE chart backend.
- Disable hardware acceleration.
- Disable web extensions.
- Update Opera GX.
- Try the Discord app instead of the web version.
Let us now discuss the above fixes in detail.
1]Restart Opera GX several times
The first thing you can do to fix the problem is to restart your browser and then see if the problem is fixed. In most cases, some temporary issues cause such problems. Therefore, relaunching the browser should help fix the problem. In addition to this, you can also try restarting your computer and then check if the problem is gone or not.
If restarting doesn’t help, go ahead and try the next potential fix.
Lily: Discord streaming not working in Chrome or Edge browser.
2]Run Opera GX as administrator
You might face the problem if you are not running Opera GX with administrator privileges. Therefore, relaunch Opera GX as an administrator to resolve the issue. To do this, go to the Opera GX desktop icon and right-click on it. After that, select the Run as administrator option to launch it with administrator rights. Now open Discord and check whether you can use the live streaming feature or not. If not, continue and try the next potential solution to fix the problem.
3]Modify the ANGLE chart backend
You can also try changing the ANGLE graphics backend setting in your Opera GX browser to fix the issue. Try setting it to D3D9 or OpenGL and check if the issue is resolved or not. Here’s how to change the ANGLE graphics backend in Opera GX:
- First, open Opera GX, type opera://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
- Now type and search for “angle” in the search field.
- In the search results, select the Choose the ANGLE graphic backend option and set it to either D3D9 Where OpenGL.
- Once done, restart your web browser to apply the changes.
- Finally, reopen Discord and check if you are unable to stream properly or not.
If this method does not work for you, continue to the next potential solution to fix the problem.
See: A black screen appears during screen sharing in Discord
4]Disable hardware acceleration
If you have enabled hardware acceleration in Opera GX, try disabling it then check if the issue is resolved. Hardware acceleration is a good feature. But it can cause several issues like crashing, freezing etc. in your browser. So, turn it off, then try streaming on Discord. Here’s how to disable hardware acceleration in Opera GX:
- First of all, open the Opera GX browser and click on the Opera icon present at the top left corner of the browser window.
- Now, from the appeared options, select the Settings option.
- On the Settings page, scroll down the page and tap the button Advanced option.
- Next, go to the System section and locate the Use hardware acceleration if available option.
- After that, just disable the toggle associated with the Use hardware acceleration if available option.
- Finally, relaunch Opera GX and open Discord to check if the issue is resolved or not.
If disabling hardware acceleration doesn’t help, try the following potential fix.
Lily: Discord Screen Share Audio not working
5]Disable web extensions
If you have installed any web extensions like ad blockers in your Opera GX browser then you can try disabling them and see if the problem is fixed or not. Faulty and problematic web extensions can cause problems, like making it difficult to stream on Discord. Therefore, disable them and check if that helps.
Here’s how to disable web extensions in Opera GX:
- First, start the Opera GX browser and click on the Opera icon.
- After that, click on Extensions > Extensions option from the available menu options.
- Now, from the All tab, check for suspicious web extensions and turn off the toggles for each of them one by one.
- Once you are done disabling all web extensions, relaunch the browser and check if the issue is resolved or not.
If disabling extensions doesn’t help, go ahead and try the next potential fix to fix the problem.
See: Fix Discord keeps disconnecting and reconnecting
6]Update Opera GX
The next thing you need to do to fix the problem is to update the Opera GX browser. In some cases, you may experience such issues if you are using an older version of the browser. So, if the scenario is applicable, try updating the browser to its latest version and check if the issue is resolved. Here’s how to update Opera GX:
- First, open Opera GX and click on the Opera icon.
- Now, from the options listed, tap the Update and recovery… option.
- Then, under the Update section, click on the Check for update button and it will start scanning for available updates.
- After that, available updates will be installed automatically.
- Once done, restart your web browser and check if the issue is resolved or not.
If the problem persists, try the next potential fix to get rid of the current problem.
Lily: Opera GX does not open on Windows
7]Try the Discord app instead of the web version
If none of the solutions above work for you, try using Discord’s desktop app instead of using the web app. Windows users generally prefer to use Discord’s desktop app. Both versions of Discord have the same set of features. So you can try and try streaming. You can go to the official Discord website and download the latest version of Discord. After that, run the installer and follow the instructions to complete the installation. Once done, launch the app and use it as you wish.
Why can’t I share my stream on Discord?
If the screen sharing option is not working on Discord, it could be because the game is running in full screen mode. Besides, the problem could also be due to unnecessary background apps, corrupt Discord cache, lack of admin rights to run the app, etc. So you can try closing background apps, running the app as administrator, or deleting the Discord cache. .
How to Fix Netflix Black Screen on Discord?
To fix black screen issues while streaming Netflix on Discord, try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser. Apart from this, you can also try deleting the Discord cache folder as the issues might be triggered due to the corrupted cache associated with Discord. You can also try updating your graphics drivers to fix the problem.
I hope this article will help you!